Whiting Equipment Canada provides worldwide industries with a source for virtually all metallurgical equipment & systems involved in the melting, holding and transporting of both ferrous and non-ferrous metals
We have had the distinct pleasure to deal with Handling Specialty on the Rail equipment side of the company. Handling has been most accommodating with any requirements or needs we have had concerning equipment specifications and detailed engineering information which has resulted in our clients benefiting from their expertise.” Dan Jagos - Sr. Rail Facilities Project Manager - AECOM Canada
Whiting Equipment Canada Inc. is a diversified designer and manufacturer of Heavy Industrial Equipment. A subsidiary of Whiting Corporation (Monee, Illinois), Whiting Equipment Canada Inc. is an acknowledged leader in the specialized fields of metallurgical manufacturing, chemical processing, materials handling, and transportation maintenance equipment fields. Whiting was first established in 1884, as a relatively small firm manufacturing high quality metallurgical equipment.
By 1930 Whiting had grown internationally with the establishment of Whiting Corporation (Canada) Limited, a wholly owned subsidiary with a sales office in Toronto, Ontario. For the next twenty-five years, the company operated primarily as a source for sales and service related to Whiting products manufactured in the United States.
Over the years, more of this equipment was produced in Canada through sub-contract arrangements with other manufacturers using Whiting designs and technology and demand for Whiting equipment increased.
By 1955, it became clear that the company required manufacturing facilities in Canada. That year, Whiting acquired the assets of Volta Manufacturing Ltd., a furnace manufacturer since 1914, with plant and office facilities in Welland, Ontario. Several Customers in the USA and Asia prevailed upon the company to manufacture in the People’s Republic of China.
In 1997 after several years of searching for the right Chinese partner, Zhejiang NAMAG Equipment Manufacturing Co., Ltd. a foreign controlled equity joint venture was founded. In 2008, Whiting purchased all remaining equity and NAMAG became a Wholly Foreign Owned Enterprise (WFOE) operating five manufacturing plants in Zhejiang Province.Whiting continued to expand in size and diversity with the acquisition of Handling Specialty Manufacturing Limited in 2011. Located in Grimsby, Ontario since 1963, Handling Specialty has established itself as the premier source of custom engineered handling solutions. Over the years, Handling Specialty has evolved into an innovator in the global material handling industry, specializing in: custom scissor lifts, heavy duty scissor lifts, custom engineered lifts, four post lifts or custom stage lifts.
Since its humble beginnings, the company has expanded its global manufacturing facilities several times and has developed the expertise to design, engineer, and service its Whiting, Swenson, Handling Specialty, Volta, Trambeam, Trackmobile® and other multi-national customers’ products in Canada and PR China.
• U, Manufacture of Pressure Vessels to ASME Section VIII, Division 1
• U2, Manufacture of Pressure Vessels to ASME Section VIII, Division 2
• S, Manufacture and Assembly of Power Boilers
• PP, Fabrication and Assembly of Pressure Piping
• NB, Authorization to Register Pressure Vessels
• R, Authorization for the Repair and Alteration of Pressure Vessels
• CSA B51, BPV and Pressure Piping Code
• ASME B31.1, Power Piping
• ASME B31.3, Process Piping
• Repair and Alteration of boilers and pressure vessels according to NBIC
• CSA W47.1, Division 1, for the Fusion Welding of Steel
• CSA W47.2, Division 2, for the Fusion Welding of Aluminum
• ISO 9001:2015, Quality Management System (QMS)
• ISO 14001:2015, Environment Management System (EMS)
• ISO 3834-2, Quality Requirements for Fusion Welding of Metallic Materials
• OHSAS 18001:2007, Occupational Health and Safety Management
• Professional Engineers Ontario (PEO) Certificate of Authorization
• The Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Saskatchewan (APEGS) Certificate of Authorization
• Canada, CRN Registration Certificate
• Russia, GOST, CU-TR Certificate
• Australia, AS Registration Certificate
• Singapore, MOM Certificate,
• Malaysia, DOSH Certificate
• Pressure Equipment Directive (PED) 2014/68/EU, Module H, CE Certificate
• EN-1091-1/2 Certificate for structural steel fabrication to European market, CE-Marking
• CAN3-Z299.2-85 Quality Assurance Program, Category 2
• U.S. Military CAGE Codes