May 13, 2020
Latest COVID-19 News
WHAT IS WHITING DOING?
MONITORING THE SITUATION
We continue to monitor closely the regular updates regarding coronavirus (COVID-19) from World Health Organization (WHO) https://www.who.int as well as from the Government of Canada https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection.html
We would encourage our business partners to monitor these sites for updates as the situation continues to evolve.
As updates are made available, we will be updating our policies and procedures to ensure the safety of our team members and other business partners. We will continue to be in contact with customers as to any updates and any impact to schedules, timelines or staff availability.
PROTECTING OUR TEAM MEMBERS AND BUSINESS PARTNERS
- Our facilities are currently undergoing an enhanced level of cleaning in all high touch and high traffic areas.
- Hand sanitizer and additional cleaning supplies are being distributed to various work locations in order to facilitate ongoing regular cleaning, as availability permits.
- Team members scheduled to travel for work are currently reviewing all booked travel with their direct supervisors. Only those repairs or maintenance that are considered critical will be accommodated, and only if travel to the work site area is permitted under current government travel warnings and restrictions.
- Team members are encouraged not to report into work if they are experiencing signs of illness. Whiting has a robust sick leave policy that will be followed if required.
- Team members are encouraged to work from home or alternative work sites under certain circumstances. Whiting will ensure that any employee working remotely has full technological support in order to continue to meet customer needs.
- Team members who have recently travelled to a foreign country or who have knowingly been exposed to any person with COVID-19 will be quarantined for 14 days as per government requirements.
CHANGES TO OUR PROJECT SPECIFIC DEADLINES
Whiting has a complex supply chain that stretches around the globe. Each project manager has been in contact with all relevant sub suppliers, vendors and material suppliers in order to assess what, if any, impact the COVID-19 will have on projects currently underway. Any potential impact will be provided to customers in an expeditious and ongoing manner.
We thank you for your understanding as we work through this unprecedented situation. If you have any specific questions that are still unanswered, please contact your Whiting project or account manager for further information.